Which app alert alarm that can power two bell boxes ??

Sponsored Links
Pretty much true for the professional grade 3 range. The Honeywell galaxy still has a nice big linear power supply. The panel has 1amp available for outputs, but when you have new style backlit grade 3 sounders like the new excellent texecom x-b, two sounders can take 460mA each, not leaving much for anything else. They do have an alternative to SCB low current mode though.

You can pick up a power Rio for £40 on ebay, which is the way to go with these bigger panels.

One other thing is that if the battery in the sounder goes faulty, then replace it. Regular maintenance would find any issue and having the first sounder as SAB and second as SCB lowers the risk of having a scenario where both SCB batteries go bad causing failure to alarm.

Pretty much true for the professional grade 3 range. The Honeywell galaxy still has a nice big linear power supply. The panel has 1amp available for outputs, but when you have new style backlit grade 3 sounders like the new excellent texecom x-b, two sounders can take 460mA each, not leaving much for anything else. They do have an alternative to SCB low current mode though.

You can pick up a power Rio for £40 on ebay, which is the way to go with these bigger panels.

One other thing is that if the battery in the sounder goes faulty, then replace it. Regular maintenance would find any issue and having the first sounder as SAB and second as SCB lowers the risk of having a scenario where both SCB batteries go bad causing failure to alarm.

Thanks for that info, will look into it :)

I asked the engineer for a quote and he said he only fits a certain make and it's a wireless system, and it's going to cost £600+ :eek:.

That's no good to me. I want a good old fashioned wired system, as all the wiring is already in, and it's just a case of swapping the control box and panel and sticking another bell box on the back of the house.

The search goes on....... :(

Sponsored Links
At around £130 for a Dimension 48, £40 for a RIO, £30 for two 7ah batteries and £80 for two grade three backlit Sounders and another £100 for IP based Comms.

I think you'd still be looking at another £320 or more to get an installer out to fit. It's at least half a days work. It always sounds like a couple of hours, but never turns out that way. Cheaper to DIY if you can.

Thanks again GalaxyGuy, will look into that one, £320 is much more like what I want to spend compared to £600+ :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back