Which camera is better?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
But as a professional, what else was he supposed to say?

****e is ****e, no matter the wrapper.

As mentioned.
What do you want to achieve?
What is the ambient lighting?
What ............................................get the idea?

This is for a lighted area inside a retail shop. Just to get a good enough picture of people who go past etc and for deterrence. Doesn't have to be vandal proof etc.

Regular customers etc. At night time there is some lighting too but not too fussed over night recording anyway.

SCO-2080RP - Samsung 50 meter high res vari focal ir bullet camera. try these Superb Colour Image Quality at 600TV lines Resolution!, 0Lux, No Additional Illumination required With built-in high performance IR LEDs, you can set the number of LEDs used from 16 to 32 to brighten an object's surroundings, The SCO-2080RP has a perfect waterproof and dustproof design, performing superbly in all-weather conditions, SSDR (Samsung Super Dynamic Range), Built with a 3.6X, 2.8 - 10mm varifocal lens
3 YEAR GUARANTEE for a quality picture.

haha,

chunky,

Often we need more info to go on, it not a case of what cameras are good. First thing is what do I want to achieve, the types of camera although all have the same end result of recording images they all are different depending on how they are to be used. like indoors and outdoors, good light levels at all times of the day, distance away from the area they are intended to view. etc. Then once that is established finding something that is in budget that will do what you want or maybe reduce ambitions to come in at a suitable budget.

Rob

A dummy would suffice for reason 1.

Excuse the other comment for a 50mtr bullet....................

Again what area coverage, a 8-12 mm Vari focal dome would probably be the better here. No need for a 50 mtr jobby.

Less than 5 mtrs to be honest. In fairness I've been using some CMOS cameras for around 10 years and they weren't THAT bad. Installed a free camera in another location which was actually pretty good and it was only 420 TVL. I don't need any high spec stuff. Just something that will be clear enough on a small screen.

Thanks

This any good btw:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OUTDOOR-D...t=UK_CCTV&hash=item27bd2641ee#ht_15211wt_1185

OK just to let you guys know I have decided on the £20 ebay one with free returns so I have nothing to lose.

If it fails I will instantly buy this:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SAMSUNG-S...pt=UK_CCTV&hash=item231196fd03#ht_1691wt_1185

But I really can't go over £90 to be honest.

Thank you, will update when I fix camera.

edit: I do not mean to insult any of you in any way by choosing the cheaper camera, just curious to see how it actually performs. 1000+ buyers can't be wrong I guess (excl Apple fanboys).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back