Which combi boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know this is a very open ended question (and perhaps one that has been asked quite frequently).....but could anyone recommend a good combi boiler suitable for a 3 bedroom house.

There are a total of 8 radiators to heat.

There's a bewildering choice on the market and I'm just a bit sceptical of biased recommendations from shops.

Thanks,

Nick

Sponsored Links
Do not buy an "Ideal" under any circumstances. Common consensus is that Atag are the very best and Remeha, Vaillant, Worcester and Viessmann are pretty good too.

OK an ATAG series E sounds good, would 32kW be enough for a 3 bedroom house?

Search the forum on this subject, must be at least a couple of thousand posts on the subject.

Sponsored Links
My Company only fit BROAG REMEHA Boilers, compact, easy to work on and Very Reliable, great back up as well

Would suggest Remeha Avanta 35c but check your Water main Pressure and Flowrate in litres/min, use this info to calculate the size of boiler you require, believe it or not, the Hot water is the biggest load on a combi. ;)

My Company only fit BROAG REMEHA Boilers, compact, easy to work on and Very Reliable, great back up as well

Would suggest Remeha Avanta 35c but check your Water main Pressure and Flowrate in litres/min, use this info to calculate the size of boiler you require, believe it or not, the Hot water is the biggest load on a combi. ;)

do you work for remeha?

I will probably be fitting a combi to replace my Servowarm in the summer :eek:

Broag avanta, or Atmos, nothing else on the market at the moment to come anywhere near them. :rolleyes:

I will probably be fitting a combi to replace my Servowarm in the summer :eek:

Broag avanta, or Atmos, nothing else on the market at the moment to come anywhere near them. :rolleyes:

I would go along with that adding ATAG. I fitted the large 51 kilowatt ATAG and it did what they said. Unvented cylinder performance from one box. They save a hell of a lot of space. The gas supply pipe was big the only downside if that is a downer. I don't think Atmos or Avantaplus have the flow rates of the big ATAG. The one I usually fit is the Avantaplus as it is a well priced quality combi. For myself I would go for the Atmos as it is simple and doesn't have a three way valve. When high flow rates are needed the ATAG.

think the broags only need 0.5 bar to work for hot water. Dont hold me to that though

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back