which drill/driver ?

G

george765

Got a flat conversion to do. A lot of stud work, board to fix up and flooring to screw down.Flat roof to build.
I am only a DIY'er but I want a cordless power tool of professional standard that will do the work with ease.
I have always wanted a DeWalt, but which one for the type of work I will be doing ?
I watched a guy on YouTube building a stud wall with an impact driver, would one of these be better than a hammer drill/driver ?
Advice much appreciated
George

Sponsored Links
I've been a big Dewalt fan in the past, be warned they are not to the quality they once were

Ps - Impact driver are great of you can afford one and a drill/driver

What's the difference between an impact driver and a hammerdrill/driver ?
why would having both be an advantage ?

Sponsored Links
As said several times before.
Ones for driving in things (screws/bolts etc) the other's for making holes
But both can do a bit of what the other does.

Get Bosch, DeWalt is not much more than just Black & Decker in a different case, quality has gone way down on what it used to be

The effortless ease in which an impact drives screws in is a professionals dream.

If you are doing a lot of screwing (ooer missus), particularly if you are reaching and are not able to push on the driver, then an impact is without equal.

Borrow one, uses it for a while then go back to a regular driver. You won't want to hand it back.

The one thing i will say though is they can be a bit brutal, especially the higher voltage ones. They do not recognise when a thinner screw is struggling and simply shear them off!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back