Which insulated garage door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need a new door in my garage, been looking at insulated roller doors which seem to fit the bill. But what about manufacturers?

Hormann and SWS Securoglide are both supplied by local installers, but which is best?

Any opinions please?

Sponsored Links
I cant comment for roller doors but have a look at Noverferm, When using their canopy and retractable doors I have found them to be much better than Cardale or Garadoor, At least in terms of fitter friendlyness.

Thanks for info, but unfortunately their website is still under construction so can't see their products.

Would rather stay with the local suppliers though.

We recently had a Securoglide roller fitted - very happy with it. Looked at the Hormann ones too - the look of those was probably a better match for our house (the sectioned ones).

In the end the Securoglide was the only option because it rolls up onto a roll. The Hormann rolled up and over along runners, and we were unable to fit that in in the end.

Sponsored Links
Hormann do a roller door now similar to the Securoglide. Sounds like you were only offered the Hormann sectional up and over.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back