Which is the Quietest shower pump?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have to specify a shower pump for a standard bar shower and, possibly, a second low pressure shower which currently works on gravity. The customer is very sensitive to noise so I want to identify the quietest pump available. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Salamander ESP pumps are pdq. I think there might have been another thread .... I came across a 3 bar one which the tenants didn't even know they had. It was in a cupboard in the hall. I heard it, but they hadn't noticed.
The lower p ones are impressively quiet.

Thanks ChrisR. What's the lowest pressure (least noisy) I might get away with? The tank base height is only about 1.5 metres above shower heads, but pipe runs are mostly 22mm, just last 4 metres in 15mm.

Had a look at prices. ESP range seem to be £400 ish! the RSP range also claimed to be very quiet, but more like £200 ish. Sounds more like it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back