Which LED COB CCT?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm adding a lighting scheme with a number of LED strips. I can see that LED strips have come a long way since the hot yellowing dotty stuff I installed back in the early 2010's

I'm looking at installs for

Under cabinet
Under Island
Shower niches
Rooflight reveals

I'm not interested in RGB, so and I'm thinking that if I can get the same tape from the same supplier then I can match temeperatures and possibly control all the kicthen stuff from a single place and/or smart controller

How can I ensure that I get the best quality tape. Is there a reliable manufacturer/brand that will give me a long-lasting quality light?

Regards

Tet

Sponsored Links
Oh what a tangled web. I had same problem. I got some Lidi strip very robust but the low and high colour temperature LED's are too far apart, OK if you can't see the LED's but in my display cabinet you can.

Main problem was not seen them again for sale, so went for TPC instead, suited as needed the extra lenght. But no where near as rugid, also they used plug in transformers.

On the plus they are wifi, and can be controlled with Google Nest Mini's so all appear on the Google Home app, so even when diffrent makes, they can be switched together.

I'm adding a lighting scheme with a number of LED strips. I can see that LED strips have come a long way since the hot yellowing dotty stuff I installed back in the early 2010's

I'm looking at installs for

Under cabinet
Under Island
Shower niches
Rooflight reveals

I'm not interested in RGB, so and I'm thinking that if I can get the same tape from the same supplier then I can match temeperatures and possibly control all the kicthen stuff from a single place and/or smart controller
Since most of these devices come from China, you might just as well go to the "source" - and cut out the local "middle men"!

I suggest that you search on Aliexpress for "COB LED white"
(https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-cob-led--white.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.search.0 )
and/or
"COB LED white controller"
(https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-cob-led--white-controller.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.search.0 )

You may be surprised, when you see the prices there as compared to the "local" prices of the same things.
How can I ensure that I get the best quality tape. Is there a reliable manufacturer/brand that will give me a long-lasting quality light?
Not sure that you can, ever.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back