which make of 100a 100ma delayed action rcd

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need a 100a 100ma delayed action rcd fitting to my Volex consumer unit. The cu is only a year old but apparently I need this rcd. The question is are they all the same fitting or must I buy a Volex one? Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Why do you need it, TT system? The regs have changed within the last 12 months so you may need to have a 30mA dual board :cry: .
You should only really put items made by the same manufacturer intended for that particular purpose into their boards.
I'm not sure volex make a 100mA type S RCD, if you really really want to do this to make your installation 16th edition compliant then one option may be to get another make of 100mA type S RCD in an external enclosure and have it installed by a qualified electrician in the meter tails.

You must buy a volex one.

Why do you think you need to install one?

You need a volex one.
I think if you have trouble getting one you could maybe feed the board from one in an external enclosure. A proper spark on here will tell

Edit: no wonder loading the reply took ages RF & Spark :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the answers. I'm having an extension wired by a sparky and it was him that told me I should have the delayed rcd. Its a split board and a TT supply (earth rod outside the house). The sparky is going to fit the new rcd, its just that he said it was up to me if I wanted to get instead of him. Certainly I haven't found one by Volex on the web Best I leave him to it then! :)

Have just looked at volex's catalogue on line & cannot find an S type RCD. How strange. Mind you, wylex are made by the same company & look identical externally. They will probably fit.

Word of warning, though. Why does your spark want to work to the 16th & not the 17th?

Ask him why.

No idea. What is the difference regarding this bit? He said he had done his 17th edition update.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back