Which Sentinel product to use?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am replacing 5 out of the 8 radiators in my new house, due to excessive pinpointing, etc, which will involve a small bit of soldering of pipework.

I also suspect that the central heating system has never been cleaned.

Should I use X400 - sludge remover after installing the radiators or the X300- cleaner? I am also relying on a gravity flush.

Next year, when I have saved enough money I will replace the boiler, which at that point will be powerflushed by the installer.

Sponsored Links
With five new radiators I would be using X300! Followed by X100 !

My advice if some of your radiators are pinholed are to replace all of them as thats the result of severe problems.

I do hope that your problems have been cured! Any pumping over can pinhole new rads withing weeks!

Tony

Bear in mind he is REPLACING 5 radiators tony, so all the pipework, existing radiators, pump etc will still be left with magnitite sludge. x300 is for systems less than 6 months old, and really only for cleansing the system of flux residues, swarf etc.

Do agree with replacing all the radiators though.

Sponsored Links
Bear in mind he is REPLACING 5 radiators tony, so all the pipework, existing radiators, pump etc will still be left with magnitite sludge. x300 is for systems less than 6 months old, and really only for cleansing the system of flux residues, swarf etc.

Do agree with replacing all the radiators though.

And for removing the protective oily coating on the inside of rads! Thats why some installers use washing up liquid saying its just as good.

The OP is thinking that the sludge will be removed later when a new boiler is fitted.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back