Which Thermostat and programable timer?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I would just like some advice and opinions on thermostats and programable timers for central heating.
I have just had a Worcester 37cdi boiler fitted and all radiators are fitted with trvs.
I have been advised to get a wired programmer and a wireless thermostat.
Can anyone suggest any models and makes?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
How about a Honeywell CM927RF, this is a wireless Programmable Room thermostat so no addtional timer required, remove the TRV on any radiator in the room containing the Prog Stat ;)

Hi
Thanks for that, it seems Honeywell is the choice of quite a few people I asked.
However I wondered if you could just clear this dilema.
The guy who came to check the boiler advised us to put a wired timer in the same room as the boiler ( the boiler is on one side of the garage he suggested the timer on the other side) and to put a wireless thermostat in any room of our choice.
Apparently this has something to do with intereference from other wireless devices or mircowaves and if we had a wired timer it wouldnt be affected? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

The Honey well rf2 pack1 gives you a single channel programmer and a wireless room stat, bit pricey though, but worth a look.

Sponsored Links
Just go for the CM927 one package, if late at night you want the heat on for longer, you won't want to trapse out to the Garage to overide the wired time clock, with a CM927, you would simply just turn up the temperature and away she goes! _ I don't understand what your installer is on about regarding interference I have not had any such problems with Honeywell RF gear ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back