which transformer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a table light using 3 G4 halogen 10w. The dimmer switch has packed up and I assume there is a transformer built into this.
I don't want to replace the dimmer switch but which transformer should I get, could I get one that is built into the plug? Thanks

Sponsored Links
You need a 12 volt minimum 30 watt transformer and you won't get one that size built into a plug.
You could replace the G4s with LED versions and use a much lower rated transformer or DC power supply, probably around 8 watts, which you might find built into a plug.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your replies, they are 12v, I tried without the transformer and the bulb blew

G4 lamps are usually 12 volt. Never seen a 240 volt one.
No, me neither:rolleyes:

Screenshot 2017-11-27 21.47.39.png

That was before I realised 12v and transformer was involved ttc.

I looked for some G4 230V LED's to replace some G4 230V halogens and purchased from that exact advert.
Guess what?
they are 12V
and
so are the second delivery after complaining.
If you are getting replacements at no extra cost (i.e. not having to pay return postage), I'd be tempted to keep on and on doing it until they sit up and take notice.

Interestingly someone has given them a 5* review, so either he wanted 12V and didn't read the advert properly, or he got 230V ones.

If you are getting replacements at no extra cost (i.e. not having to pay return postage), I'd be tempted to keep on and on doing it until they sit up and take notice.
I wonder where on earth, and by what route, they are coming from - it is, after all, still November! ....
upload_2017-11-28_12-44-11.png

Kind Regards, John

I wonder where on earth, and by what route, they are coming from - it is, after all, still November! ....
View attachment 131545

Kind Regards, John
Mine arrived quickly (several days only) and the second set took about 10 days.

Oh and they flicker well (100Hz) on ac but dc is fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back