Which TRV Valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have some failing TRV valves currently and have been looking at getting some replacements and doing all of them at the same time.

However, I am not sure what the differences are between them and if the expensive ones are any better than the cheap ones.

What are the recommendations?

Sponsored Links
i only fit danfoss, i find them accurate and reliable and the C2 is well priced

its all a muchness, but just remember that liquid sensor valves react better to room temperature than wax ones. I think alot of the honeywell ones are wax(except the vt200), but they are decent quality in terms of build. siemens are liquid asfair but unsure of quality.

Sponsored Links
Always been a VT117 or hr80 man myself, but recently played with Altech and some iTemp and have been very impressed.
havent you seen the danfoss livingeco dan?? its much sexier than an itemp and the ugly honeywell effort :p

Not seen them, so only commenting on experience. Does the Danfoss have the Wireless programming dongle and remote control?

They do look nice though.

HR80 are very old now - apparently an update is coming ;).

Winder if Danfoss have improved since the TP5e RF days??

Screwfix.. 3yr and no problems, basic and does the job.
On offer at less then £6. Liquid type. When I got them for our and sons house I also added a couple to the total just incase, still in there boxes.
Pete

I normally fit Drayton TRV4 for customers as they look nice and are very reliable.

At home and for landlords I use the cheaper Screwfix liquid ones.

Tony

I found the RAS-C2 for £7.80 from Travis Perkins, so will get those, only £2 per unit more than screwfix's own brand.

Only recommend Herz.
Simple reason when the pin sticks on all the others and you have to take it off and throw it away, Herz do a replacement internal that you can change wit the system under pressure.

Eco calls are right up there IMO if its cheap and cheerful.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back