whirlpool 8123 flooding from soap dispenser

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
subject says it all, really - we have been getting a flooded floor and the mystery was solved when we observed the powder compartment overflowing. Any ideas? the machine is around 3 years old.
We use soap blocks rather than powder. :?:

Sponsored Links
Is it a flood or a puddle on the floor?
A flood while filling indicates a total blockage of the dispenser to tub hose or a problem with the pressure system.
A flood while spinning indicates a blockage of the sump hose or pump.
A puddle could probably be the dispenser needs cleaning out or even a fault with the dispenser.

Thanks for the reply - It's a puddle, really, and we see the water running down the front of the machine rather like rain on a window in a medium shower, if you understand me.
If it's the dispenser, and it does look a bit crusted with lime scale above, despite using water softner regularly, can I remove the chassis - as well as the draw - of the dispenser to descale?
I await your reply with interest;
- this forum actually works! :)

It can all be stripped out, fair bit of work though.
Take the lid off the machine and you'll see how it's fitted.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, sleepyhead - By the way, that roughly translates as 'Morgemufel' in Swiss german! - going to try limescale liquid and gentle toothbrushing first - think this'll work?

30 mins later - tried it, did a rinse cycle and no water - now for a full wash; never new housework could be so exciting.

now, how about my dishwasher, Sleepyhead? //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=111374
watch this space!

Bingo - that was it ! some one want to look at my dishwasher crisis?
pots an pans getting niffy!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back