Whirlpool ADG 332S tablet not dissolving after entire cycle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Whirlpool ADG 332S is built in and is 4 years old. The tablet remains undissolved despite the machine apparently running though its entire cycle. I have checked the filter basket (is there another filter somewhere?) and cleaned the upper and lower spray heads but no change. This is a hard water area - have I got scales up inlets/outlets or am I missing something elementary?

Sponsored Links
SORRY JOHN D - BEEN AWAY. YES THE WATER IS GETTING HOT, OR AT LEAST THE D/W IS HOT DURING THE CYCLE BUT COULD THAT SIMPLY BE THE DRYING?

Please note forum rule 6

Do you hear the swish of water as it washes the crockery?
Only reason for the tablet not dissolving is no heat or no circulation of water from the spray arms.
Ensure the spray arms are clean and clear, ensure nothing stops rotation of the arms. The end holes propel the arms round so if they are blocked it won't wash the tablet out of the dispenser. It will fall out when you open the door.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice. I have had the arms off the top and bottom units and flushed water through. There were no apparent blockages.
I can hear the water swishing around during the cycle, but can't be completely certain that it is top and bottom arms. Is my fear of scale in the pipes groundless? Or could it be lack of decent pressure from the boiler out?

Where do you find the tablet after a wash?

Try throwing it in the cutlery container.

I find the tablet in the cutlery container after the wash. I've just unloaded after trying a half load and it must be a volume-of-water problem. The tablet is in the cutlery basket, the bottom half of the load is OK, but the top tray has not been cleaned at all well - dirty cups etc. I have no idea how the water supply is T'd off at the rear of the unit as it all built in. Seems as if the upper supply is blocked or restricted.

Had another flush through the upper head and found one flat pip at one end of the arm. Would this be enough to cause the problem?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back