Whirlpool adg 7460 dishwasher problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi not sure if anyone can help. I went to turn on my ADG7640 and it makes a constant beeping noise. When I open the door it stops, but the green LED appears to flash 16 times, then pause then flash 16 times again.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
What symptoms are you experiencing? A recurring series of 16 flashes on the start LED could indicate a defective wash motor, or a bad connection/break in wiring in wash motor circuit. If you require specific information regarding your model please post the service number on the door sticker (12 digits - starts with 85)

Hi there. If i do a reset and then set a program and hit the start button , The pump sounds as though it is draining water out and then constantly beeps when you open the door it then flashes 16 times, pauses then another 16 flashes.

the number on the side is 85 11 440 15870

Does water enter the machine after initial pumping? When it stops & shows an error is there water still remaining in the base?

Sponsored Links
There is no water in the machine and no water pumps in. literally the pump fires up to take out water then after about 20 seconds the constant beeping starts and when you open the door the beeping stops and the 16 led flashes start

As mentioned earlier an FF error (16 flashes) points to a fault on the variable speed wash motor or associated wiring. Before condemning an expensive piece of kit I suggest you run a test program to see what that throws up (error codes can be misleading sometimes). Like this: Open the door and select the program 1. Turn the power off. Press the start button & keep it pressed in. Turn the power on. Once the start button flashes release it, then press it once. Close the door & the test program should begin. If a fault occurs the test will stop & an error code should be signaled on the start button.

Then you are back to checking for broken/damaged wiring or changing out the motor.

Hi Shaunep. I've got the exact same problem with my dishwasher. What happened with yours did you replace or get it fixed; if you got it fixed how much did it cost you? Cheers, Simon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back