Whirlpool ADG7560/2 Not emptying

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My dishwasher is not emptying water the way it should.

When I start the cycle (any program) it starts like normal. Water fills up from the spinning arms and from the hole on the left side.

After 2-3 minutes the machine stops, then starts beeping and the start light flashes four times.

I have opened the top on the left side in the floor and there seems to be clear water there and no blockages. I took out the filter and washed it and poured boiling water down the drain.

Started the machine again and this time it stopped and there was milky water in the bottom of the machine.

I do not know appliances so any technical terms or special instructions need to be explained in detail. Pictures would be appreciated!

Please help me! All help would be appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Yesterday the bottom of the machine was filled with water, but today when I woke up the bottom was empty. So I guess it must be emptying somehow?

I left the machine turned off all night, and I am running it now to see if something happens.

Edit: It's been running for ten minutes now and no beeping! *crosses fingers* :eek:

Damn this machine! :cry: It worked fine for 30 min and started to beep again. Still 4 flashes...

The dishwashing tablet in the chamber did not release, if that has any significance.

Can I pour draincleaner in the machine? Like the gel kind you pour in your kitchen sink when it is clogged?

Sponsored Links
Don't use a drain cleaner.
The detergent chamber does not open because the machine doesn't get as far as the wash/heat stage. It fails to pump out after the rinse cycle.
Did you bother to read any of the posts in the link about this problem? All possible causes & answers are there.

Yes, i read several posts. But none of them seemed to apply to my situation. I did a quick youtube search and found a guy that recommended using baking soda and vinegar.

I concluded that it had to be some kind of buildup in the drains. The bottom would empty but really slow. After repeating the first 2-3 minutes of the rinse cycle where the machine empties the water to get the dirty water out. What i kept noticing was that the water was dirty even if there wasn't any plates/cups in the machine.

So I poured 2-3 dl of baking soda and 1 dl vinegar and 1 liter boiling water and started the program so it started draining. This didnt seem to do the trick, so I poured another half cup of baking soda and half a liter of vinegar in the bottom. With a whole lot of hiss and fizz suddenly a whole mess of bubbles surfaced and it was like someone had pulled a plug and the whole bottom emptied in 2 seconds.

Now our machine is working just fine! Woho! :p :D

Now the stupid machine isn't working again... Stopped after 2-3 min last night so I poured the baking soda + vinegar mixture into the machine, and machine seemed to work fine. Came to almost the end of the program and it started beeping again.. Four flashes this time too!

Any odeas? Should i keep on doing the vinegar/baking soda thing a couple of times or try something else?

You ought to read the posts in the link thoroughly, you will find your answer there.
Litt tålmodighet kreves ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back