Whirlpool AWM822

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,
First time on this forum and I could really use some help. I turned on my Whirlpool AWM822 washing machine last night, the orange power light came on as it should and I went to bed. Got up this morning to find nothing's happened!

Despite the power light coming on, no water has entered the drum and it's not started the cycle. I've tried it on different cycle numbers and still getting the same problem. This has just happened out of the blue, any ideas?

Thanks for your help

Cj

Sponsored Links
Door interlock is prime suspect. Try putting some pressure against the door when closing it to start a programme if this starts it replace door interlock and also make sure the door latch is hitting the interlock opening centrally

Funny you should say that!! Whilst I've been away on business my housemate managed to get the thing to work by closing the door "just so..." I think you've hit the nail on the head!!

What would I need to buy and how should I go about replacing this part, is it something I can do?

Thanks for your help :)

Cjj

Sponsored Links
Replacing the door interlock is not out of the range of the diy,er it involves removing the door seal, removing the kick plate which will give access to removing the self tapping screws holding the front panel pull down the front panel to release from the locating studs this will detach the front door panel.The door interlock is secured with two screws and wired with three spade connectors.Make sure the new interlock is aligned in exactly the same position as the old one and as mentioned before make sure the door latch mates with the interlock opening centrally.If it does not some gentle persuation on the door should bring it back into alignment.You must assess your own confidence and competance before starting.You must of course switch off and remove the mains plug from the socket before starting.If you decide to have it done profesionally it is one of the easiest and quickest jobs to carry out by a white goods tech so should not empty your bank account.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back