whirlpool awz410 stopped taking on water!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi!
Our washing machine/tumble dryer stopped working after it had completed a wash cycle and 20 mins of drying. It sounds like it is trying to do a wash but isnt taking water in. Also, when u put it on a dry it stops after 20 mins.
Any ideas? Would be much appreciated!!
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Maybe a problem with water intake switch, it also uses water during drying cycle to condense the moisture from washing so would overheat and stop like you mention if it cannot take in water.

Thanks for that, i managed to get it to dry last night which was strange!

I put another wash on today and it seemed to take on alot more water than normal it was half way up the door and i'm not sure if it is cycling the water throughout the wash.

Could it be that its not spinning at the end of the wash as the clothes are really really wet which they never used to be?

Could it not be drying because the clothes are so wet and its to heavy?

Thanks for your help :)

Sounds like the drier part has gone,this is why i won't buy a combo but sometimes space forces people to buy one.Could also not be spinning properly.

Sponsored Links
Water level is governed by a pressure switch, if this is faulty it may take in more water than required, or non at all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back