Whirlpool bath- where from?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hey guys,

Currently looking at bathrooms, and after reading around I've got the impression that I need to be careful where I get the bath from!

I'm looking for a P shape one, and now possibly a whirlpool type one!

The bathstore standard baths come with 10yr warranty but the whirlpool ones only 5 years!

So what's a good warranty term and where should I be looking?!

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Ermm... the longer the better?? or can be afforded??

A whirlpool bath will have a much shorter warranty due to the fact it has pump(s) etc.

You've not stated your budget, but as you're looking at Bathstore I'll assume you're not going for top-quality, in which case Better Bathrooms is going to be as cheap as you'll get with a decent 25 year warranty

Sponsored Links
I don't have a budget in mind yet, although I've seen some baths that cost £800, that seems a lot to me, but until I know what things cost I don't see much point deciding how much to spend.

Is bathstore stuff that bad then?

It seems Everywhere I look then google it comes back to people on one forum or another saying how bad they are.
I'm going to end up with no bathroom at this rate.

Cheers

Ok so done a bit more searching and found a couple or standard baths with 25year warranty but not sure about the whirlpool so will need to ask them.
I understand the pumps etc would have a shorter lifespan but surely they can separate warrantees for bathtub and pump etc.

So after hearing the bathstore comment I've been having a search, and there's quite a mixed bag of opinions.

Is it more the fittings that I should be avoiding (taps etc) or basins toilets baths as well?
What about their units etc? I don't mind going to somewhere like ideal standard for basin etc if I can find one similar that will fit on the bathstore vanity units if they're ok..?

Cheers.

GO TO BETTER BATHROOMS FOR YOUR BATH!!!

Seriously, there's no telling some people...

Blimey alright!!

Actually you said that better bathrooms would be best for cheap, and I stated that budget wasn't in question here yet.
So it would be good to know the top end as well as where to avoid at the bottom end.

Could you expand on the bathstore as per my questions in post above?

Cheers.

Sorry, maybe that was a little harsh, but it seemed like you were ignoring it as there was no obvious response... have you looked at their range?

If you're after something more upmarket, check out Carron baths. They'll be a special order and in the region of £2k, but for that you'll get a 9mm thick Carronite bath, which is virtually indestructible and has great heat retention, and as many jets as you could possibly want.

As for Bathstore, some of their kit is OK as they do now have a range of proper brand-name stuff, but anything that is own-branded is to be avoided as it'll be a bu99er to get spares for it when you need to. Toilets - on the whole, cheap/unbranded ones don't flush as well as more expensive branded ones.

You seem to have your heart set on some Bathstore kit; why don't you post some links to the things you've found that you like?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back