Whirlpool bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Having just bought a whirlpool bath I need to just confirm that the wiring I intend to do is correct.

The cable from the pump is nothing more than 3C+E flex. The pump is rated at 3.5amps.

Im thinking that I will connect the pump into a waterproof junction box on the wall inside the bath space. Then wire into a circuit breaker outside the bathroom, then onto an isolating switch.

Does this sound OK and can I spur off a socket ring main or go straight into the CU and wire into a circuit breaker.

Thanks for the advise.

Sponsored Links
ms2004 said:
Hello,

Having just bought a whirlpool bath I need to just confirm that the wiring I intend to do is correct.

The cable from the pump is nothing more than 3C+E flex. The pump is rated at 3.5amps.

Im thinking that I will connect the pump into a waterproof junction box on the wall inside the bath space. Then wire into a circuit breaker outside the bathroom, then onto an isolating switch.

Does this sound OK and can I spur off a socket ring main or go straight into the CU and wire into a circuit breaker.

Thanks for the advise.

circuit breaker? isolating switch?

If you are coming off the ring main (the best way to go with this i think), check whether this ring is RCD protected. If it is, there is no need for another RCD outside the bathroom, all you need is an SFCU with a 5amp fuse in it.

If the ring is not RCD protected to 30mA, you will need one of these

RCDs and wire it as a normal SFCU outside the bathroom.

Sponsored Links
David E said:
Why does it need 3C+E?

he states 3C+E FLEX which indicates to me that he simply means 3 core, and stating it has an earth core as one of the cores. DIY talk i suspect. ;)

Yes you are right, I meant to put 2 core and earth not 3. It was actually a case of hitting the wrong key.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back