Whirlpool Dishwasher 6550 4 flash fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there. I am getting the 4 flash error from my dishwasher. There is no standing water in the machine and it was running in the same position for 4 years without a drainage problem.
When I start the machine, it drains any existing water, but does not seem to refill (even though 4 flash is a drain error). After about 3 mins the flashing light comes back on.

I have cleaned all the filters (including the black one on the bottom right, thoroughly but not damaging the membrane - That one was clogged with paper labels from the bottom of new plates).
The pressure pump clicks on and off freely with a light touch from a cotton bud. I checked with a multimeter and the pump seems to work properly.
I have poured boiling water down the filter as well (ref earlier posts from Sleepyhead), and left it unplugged for 30mins to see if that would reset it.

Does anyone have an idea for what I could check next? Could the paper have blocked anywhere else that I could clean?
Many thanks.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back