Whirlpool DWF B10 washing dishes poorly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My friend has a built in Whirlpool DWF B10 dishwasher which works. but not well. Its problems are: 1) glasses end up milky probably because the water softener is not working (there is a large congealed lump of salt in the base), and 2) dishes are left a bit dirty (spray heads often blocked). I cannot see how to deal with the water softener issue (there seems to be no hard/soft water adjustment), and I regularly have to clean out the bits of food that get stuck in the rotating arms.

What should I do to fix these problems?

Sponsored Links
The main problem here is that the dishwasher itself and all the pipework is probably full of gunk
run it for 3 hot washes with nothing in it , drop a couple of lids of bleach in the base each time too.
see where that take you

Scrape all plates etc before putting them in the machine, the bits will not be in the machine to clog it up then.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back