Whirlpool G2P DWI Dishwasher leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
My dishwasher started playing up today after a good 5 years fault free. It suddenly started beeping in mid cycle and closer examination revealed it was leaking from the bottom r/h corner.
The flashing error code is either 4 flashes and a pause or sometimes a continuous flashing.
The pump can be heard working and easily clears the water I've poured into the machine.
Resetting and then switching the power off for a period seems to get things back on track, but as soon as it starts filling up, water starts leaking out of the bottom of the casing and the error code kicks in.
Not sure if there was a problem with the water supply today, because my wife tells me the washing machine was playing up too and water outside on the road suggests a possible burst main.
I'm assuming there's a broken seal somewhere, but don't know where to start. Any help would be much appreciated thanks.
Huw.

Sponsored Links
Whirlpool Dishwasher Error codes.

F0. 10 flashes. Sensor Break (Only shown in test programme. Not visible to customer).

F1. Single flash. NTC Break. NTC open circuit/short circuit or ambient temperature less than 3 Celcius

F2. 2 Flashes. Water leakage. Floater switch LS6 in drip tray has switched.

F3. 3 Flashes. Heating system defect. Heater or relay on control board defect. Chack also cabling.

F4. 4 Flashes. Draining failure. Drain pump, control board OWI or water indicator defect.

F5. 5 Flashes. Sprayarm Blocked (not present on VBL version. On 1 digit display will show as F and flashing start led).

F6. 6 Flashes. Water valve (WV1) is switched on but flow meter (FM) senses no impulses (less than 10 impulses in 10 secs) and the water indicator (WI) is at a low level
Water Valve Closed. Water inlet hose blocked.
Water inlet valve (WV1) defective. Flow meter (FM) defective (leads to FM failure)

F7. 7 Flashes. Flow meter failure. Flow meter defect. Water inlet valve defect or water inlet hose blocked.

F8. 8 Flashes. Water level failure. Sieve strongly dirty or big amount of foam inside to less water.

F9. 9 Flashes. Continuously Water Inlet. Water inlet valve mechanically not closed or control board defect.

FA. 11 Flashes. OWI failure. Dirty OWI lens. OWI defect or control board defect. Check cabling.

FB. 12 Flashes. Motorised Diverter Valve

FC. 13 Flashes. Water Hardness Sensor Failure

A fault with no fault code indication = faulty module

These codes should cover the entire range of Whirlpool dishwashers.

Test Mode

Make sure the appliance is empty of water before running Diagnostics as it does not pump out before starting to fill and therefore you could overfill the appliance.
Open the door and set the program to the first program. (Normally rinse).
Turn the power off.
Press and hold the start button and while holding turn the power on.
After a little while the start button will flash, release the button.
Press the start button once and close the dishwasher door.
The machine will now run through a diagnostic routine.
If memory serves me right it takes about 20 mins.
The machine will stop during diagnostics if an error is found and will display the error code. If no error is found it will complete the diagnostics and end the programme.

To exit diagnostics at any time just press and hold the start button till the programme is cancelled

check spray arms not split and make sure they spray round and dont use rinse aid and 3 in 1 .

Sponsored Links
What's the overflow tray, and how do i empty it?
Not sure if its significant, but the salt holder is full of water.
I don't use rinse aid, just ordinary tablets.
I checked the bottom spray arm yesterday which was a bit clogged with sticky paper, so I gave it a clean. Otherwise they're in good condition.
Thanks for all the suggestions so far.

Overflow tray is the base tip mc back and see if water comes out , yes water is surposed to be in salt pot

er..thanks for that.
I just tried starting it again.
waited until the water started coming out of the seam at the bottom and then popped open the door to have a look.
The bottom of the washer is full of water.
that can't be right can it?
Ive noticed its pushing bits of food out of the spray arms suggesting food has got into the system, I think maybe the filter hadn't been clicked into position properly at some point.
So I take it this overflow tray is inside the mc and mine is full of water?
Why isn't it emptying if the pump is working ok?
I still need to run the diagnostic
thanks

if its not emptying and the drain pump is running are you sure its not the circulation pump your getting mixed up with .when its got water in it and you change programme it should empty check the waste spigot on the sink , and drain hose see if its kinked ,it should fill up and spray water round them if you change prog it should empty .

I may have mislead you slightly in my last post.
It definitely empties alright.
At least it clears all visible water.
I don't know what's going on in the sump of course.
As soon as it starts leaking, the warning beeps come on along with the flashing start light and the pump kicks in to clear the build up of water.
You can hear the water coming out of the drain hose.
The pump then carries on running even though there's no water in the machine.
I haven't tried pulling the machine out yet, as i was hoping to solve the problem without doing that.
is it overfilling due to water being inside the machine?
I don't know enough about the anatomy of these things to work it out.
thanks

the base has water in it ,its got be tipped back and water drained from the base then you need to find leak ,make sure salt pot is tight and bottom spray arm is not loose .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back