Whirlpool G2P DWI Dishwasher leak

Sponsored Links
I tipped out the water and ran a diagnostic.
a lot of water started coming out of the bottom and eventually gave me a fault code which was a steady flashing light with no pauses. One flash every second or so, which i assume = Single flash = NTC problem?
Does that make any sense? What's the NTC?
I would have expected 2 flashes for water leakage?
Any advice appreciated
cheers.

I took the bottom front panel and the two side panels off to have a look inside. All very wet, so I'm assuming the fault that came up in the diagnostic is actually some sort of electrical short?
Emptied the drip tray, dried everything off and put it on a rinse cycle.
The pump emptied ok without any leaks and the machine started to fill with water, again with no leaks.
Then the (circulation?) pump kicked in and water squirted out of the gap between the tub and main pump assembly.
So is there a big seal in that area that has gone?
If so, why would it fail so catastrophically (water from all directions, not just one point) is this a symptom of another fault? maybe a blockage?
All ideas welcome.
cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back