Whirlpool G2PDWI washer pump impeller failure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, new to this forum, but joined because there's loads of good advice.
I have the above dishwasher and it's failing to wash the plates after a good 5 years daily service.
I've stripped it down to it's component parts and beyond and now seek an exploded diagram of the Askoll pump or at least some advice about replacing the simple parts.
Askoll
Made in Italy
Mod.M 95.1
Art.295106
Cod.461972474392
230-240Vac 50Hz
0,70A CI.F
The pump is stripped down to it's 2 halves. The electro magnetic motor is perfectly servicable, but the other mechanical half has an issue and is obviously the reason why I have spots of grease throughout the washer.
The impellor has come away from the shaft.
I'd like to purchase just the impellor and add to my shaft/magnet unit.
There are some rubber bushes in there, 2 to be precise, but I would have expected at least 3 or 4 in this cush drive?
Any advice, especially from SleepyHead, as he appears to be the Askoll expert, would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance
Alan

Sponsored Links
Sleepyhead has left the building...he hasn't posted since 2009.
If your machine has the dreaded "Askoll" wash motor then replacement is your only option. They have a bad reputation of falling to pieces. Post the service number on the door sticker (12 digits..starts with 85) & a photo of the pump.

Hi, thanks for the swift reply.
As I said, the majority of the pump is complete and entirely serviceable.
What I'm after is a parts diagram so I can source the part or parts of the complete unit that has failed.
I'm not interested in the £120 replacement pump unit, just the £2.50 impeller.
It must be available, as it's so easy to dissemble that even the manufacturers sourced all the various components from various other suppliers to produce the completed unit.
I'm fed up with this 'chuck it away and replace it with another' society rather than fix the part that's broken.
It's like getting a new engine fitted to your car because you have a leaky oil seal. You just wouldn't stand for it, so why do we seem to do the same with white goods.
So anyone, got any info on Askoll pumps and their design?

Yours in anticipation of a sensible answer.

Thanks
Alan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back