Whirlpool (Ikea) DWF 416 Dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My dishwasher fails to operate. I turn it on and when I open the door the green flasher goes 6 times then stops then repeats again a few seconds later. Is it doomed or fixable by a dimwit like me? It is a fitted item so before taking it out I would like to feel certain I could fix it. Any advice would be appreciated!!

Sponsored Links
You won't be able to fix it without finding the problem first. To do that you will almost certainly have to remove the machine from its lair (unless you intend to diagnose & repair by telepathy). 6 flashes can mean several things...No water supply (closed tap - kinked/twisted inlet hose), faulty inlet valve, defective flowmeter, open circuit wiring/bad connection, or a faulty pcb. Check for water issues first.

If telepathy worked it would be done by now :p Alas it doesn't. Sure I can take it out and peer at it. I know for certain the hose isn't kinked. It is a hard water area so it could be the inlet valve? Is there some reference so I can identify the parts and the likely order for checking? The thing is with pcbs and the like is that there is nothing visible.

The other issue will be finding parts for it. Given it is now 9 years old parts may be an issue, a quick search on the web seems to prove the point unless there is another code for the machine.

The machine has a 12 digit service code. You can find it on the door sticker (starts with 85--). There are spares available...even for 9 year old machines. But you need to pin down the problem before rushing out to buy spares. Consider how many times the inlet valve has cycled over the last 9 years, it may be a possible candidate. Posting the service number would be a big help.

Sponsored Links
Lure the beast out of its lair & check for water supply issues as mentioned earlier. If you find none take off the LH side panel & look for a small pcb card on the monoblock (the flowmeter has two thin wires going to it). Take off the plug & give it an ever so slight nip then re-seat it again. You will also need to check the inlet valve (aquastop). Make up a test flex & hotwire it to see if it functions. If it doesn't work properly change it out http://www.buyspares.co.uk/search.pl?query=481253028848 (if you shop around you can pick these up for around £70). Quote the service number when ordering spares.

Looks like a job for the weekend! Thanks for the advice. I will let you know how I get on. Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back