Whirlpool washing machine problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I own a Whirlpool 6245E top loading washing machine.

The unit recently suffered from sparks emitting from around the timer knob on the control panel. It hasn't been used since.

Today I had a look at it.

I unscrewed the control panel and had a look inside.

I found a dead mouse that was just a skeleton sitting there, and also found a couple of small black burn marks nearby (a few inches away).

I cleaned dust/spider webs and mouse remains away and reattached the control panel before VERY carefully plugging the power in and turning it on with the timer set to fill it with water.

The machine then filled up with water as normal, but then the timer clicked a few times and a slight humming noise was heard, before everything fell silent, rather than the unit moving on to the next stage of the cycle.

A very slight electrical smell was then smelt.

I turned the machine timer around to a few different cycles but nothing happened.

I am sick of wearing dirty clothes ..please help !!

Sponsored Links
Sparks, burning smell, & a fried mouse?....sounds like a new timer required once the wiring has been checked :(
Post the service number (12 digits/starts with 85) & I'll dig up a part number/price.

Sponsored Links
For your information; Whirlpool spare parts are sold worldwide & part numbers are the same whichever currency you happen to use.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back