whirlpool washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Please help. My washing machine is acting weird. For example, this morning, I put in my washing and the machine worked fine. However, when I put in a new batch of washing, it stopped working. There was no water coming into the machine. But few days later (like a week), it will work fine again! What is wrong with it? Please help.

Regards,
thling06

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the water inlet valve is sticking, do you have hot & cold feed or just cold?

Thanks jj4091. The washing machine is cold & hot water feed. Does this make any difference from just cold water? How do I fix the problem? Can I just buy the part (inlet valve) and change myself? Or too technical & complicated to do?

Many thanks for your advice.

Sponsored Links
You need to establish that it is faulty before you replace anything. Take the top off the machine & where the pipes enter the machine there should be a manifold with wires & pipes attached to it. Try starting the machine & listen to hear if the solenoid is energising or better still if you have a multimeter test for an electrical supply. Just had another thought, first remove the pipes from the rear of the machine & see if there are any filters in the connector that are clogged up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back