Whirpool Ikea DWF B00 - 4 flashes error, but it drains

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all forum users!

My dishwasher (Whirpool/Ikea DWF B00) recently began to stop its cycle and display the 4 flashes error code.

I learnt on this forum that this error code signals a problem related to the drain, but I think that the appliance drains fine, because when I open it, there is no water in in it...

I would just get some hints to understand if there is anything that I can do on myself, before I call a professional repairmen.

The full details:
the problem happens on the "eco program" (the one at 40°C), at every cycle. No issue on the rinse program. Didn't try the other programs yet.

The problem happens always at about 15 minutes after the start of the cycle (out of a total length of the cycle of 30 minutes).
Before the problem manifests itself, I hear the machine draining. Then, right after the drain is complete (or at least as soon as I don't hear noise of the water being drained anymore) there is still a "whirring" (?) noise. My assumption is that the pump is still trying to pump the water out, even if there is no more of it. This goes on for a couple of minutes and then - ta-daan: 4 flashes.

Any suggestion?

thanks a lot for the support!

Sponsored Links
The chances are that this is causing the problem http://www.espares.co.uk/parts?k=481227128556
It is located in the RH side of the sump, to remove it lie the DW on its back & take off the baseplate. These pressure switches often get blocked by debris & don't switch properly causing the DW to think there is still has water inside. You could try removing it & carefully cleaning the grille then check that it switches properly by gently poking a cable tie (or similar) through the grille. Use a meter/circuit tester to verify switching but be very careful not to use anything sharp to activate the diaphragm, otherwise you'll poke a hole in it. If in doubt replace the pressure switch.
P.S. Using only low temp cycles is not good for a dishwasher ;)

Thank You Zipper!

In effect the pressure switch is all dirty. I tried to clean it as much as I could, but I could not remove the dirt between the grille and the diaphragm: I could not separate the grille from the rest of the switch, and I did not want to use an energetic water jet, to avoid soaking the electronics...

I'll go for a new switch..

Why is using only low temp cycles not good for a dishwasher? ... because grease and other dirt tend to accumulate more easily?

Keeping the filter clean & using higher temp cycles regularly will help keep the machine cleaner. There is no harm using a dishwasher cleaner on highest temp once or twice a year either. The rubber diaphragm on your pressure switch may be stiff & deformed so I agree replacing it is a good idea.

Sponsored Links
We had a problem with our dishwasher stopping and 4 flashes coming up. I tried many things over two months and I fixed it by taking out the bottom tray and filter and there is a small filter with a black liner and I got the hose pipe with a nozzle head and squirted it in the filter. A lot of rubbish came out and when we tried the dishwasher it worked

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back