IKEA Whirlpool DWH B00 Four Flashes Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning everybody,

I'd be grateful if anybody could help me with the four flashes problem (draining failure, drain pump, control board OWI or water indicator defect).

The problem started some three month ago, when the dishwater at the end of the washing cycle started making this warning sound and did not switch off automatically. As it washed perfectly, I didn't pay too much attention; a little bothersome to have to switch out the appliance manually, but that's all. But since yesterday it starts making that warning sound and the 4-times flash starts after maybe five minutes. What could I do? I am now running the diagnostics program.

Thank you very much,

Abe

P.S.: The draining pump works fine.

Sponsored Links
Scroll down to the bottom of this page & check out "similar topics". You will also find many posts on this subject by using the search function & typing in F4 or 4 flashes. It is a very common issue & has been discussed many, many times.

Scroll down to the bottom of this page & check out "similar topics". You will also find many posts on this subject by using the search function & typing in F4 or 4 flashes. It is a very common issue & has been discussed many, many times.

Hi Zipper,

I have already, before I posted my question, read through the threads you mention. That is why I knew what four flashes does man. What I am not sure about is what to do now. Should I call the repairman?

TIA,

Abe

If you want to try to resolve the issue yourself before calling service I would recommend the following: If you have already cleaned the filters/drain hose/sink spigot etc according to your user manual then disconnect everything & pull the machine out. Lower the drain hose to floor level & drain any residual water into a bucket/bowl. Lie the machine on its back & remove the base-plate. With the base-plate removed you have good access to most components. The drain pump is on the LH side & the pressure switch on the RH side looking from underneath. Remove them both. Check for a piece of broken glass or similar in the pump impellor/housing & clean the grill of the black pressure switch carefully (it gets clogged by bits of old labels etc). Either can cause F4. Good luck.

Sponsored Links
If you want to try to resolve the issue yourself before calling service I would recommend the following: If you have already cleaned the filters/drain hose/sink spigot etc according to your user manual then disconnect everything & pull the machine out. Lower the drain hose to floor level & drain any residual water into a bucket/bowl. Lie the machine on its back & remove the base-plate. With the base-plate removed you have good access to most components. The drain pump is on the LH side & the pressure switch on the RH side looking from underneath. Remove them both. Check for a piece of broken glass or similar in the pump impellor/housing & clean the grill of the black pressure switch carefully (it gets clogged by bits of old labels etc). Either can cause F4. Good luck.

Hello Zipper,

many thanks for your patience. I was able to resolve the problem at last, cleaning thoroughly the easily accessible filters which alone did not do the trick, though. (I had cleaned them anyway already after the problem first showed up).

The four flashes problem only went away after I unplugged the appliance for about fifteen minutes. My theory is that once the four flashes problem emerges due to dirty and obstructed filters, the appliance will remember this until it is cut off from power for quite some time.

Anyway, many thanks for your kind assistance!

Abe <=== happy dancer

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back