whistling baxi combi instant 105he

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In last month, boiler has started whistling after using hot water. Run water, switch taps off, then get whistling while pump does its overrun. Gets quite loud but is unpredictable - sometimes whistles sometimes doesn't. Started happening after replaced dhw pressure differential valve diaphragm, but maybe that's coincidence.

Seem to remember posts a while back about o-rings in diverter valve - does that sound right?

If it is the o-rings, can anyone tell me where exactly they are and how to replace? Thanks

Sponsored Links
It's probably the fan bearings wearing.

My boiler does the same. The fan makes all manner of noises when it slows down. It needs replacing but I can't be bothered. Selling the place soon.

Sponsored Links
your quite right with your own diagnosis. If you have the manual for the boiler look at the section for replacing the plate heat exchanger.
id start there first as its a cheap repair and most likely.

Ray

Definitely sounds like the diverter valve. My boiler does it too.
I have proved this by removing the actuator head and wiggling the diverter pin. I can change the pitch of the whistling, and make it stop all together by doing this.

Thanks Ray and Gareth. Plate heat exchanger was replaced last year so reckon should be OK. Will try Gareth's suggestion and see what happens.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back