whistling noise coming from the boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Be nice....
I have an 'ideal' wall mounted gas boiler that is about 10 years old. recently and suddenly when the water comes on and the boiler fires up in the morning, after about 5 minutes the boiler starts to make a 'whistling' noise, but then stops after about 15 minutes but sometimes you can hardly hear it!
I have had 3 plumbers round to sort the problem... with no reel conclusion. One of them put something in the tank to break down the limescale and general gunk.... but still the noise is there.

anyone have any ideas? :cry:

Sponsored Links
Could do with a bit more info ie what model is the boiler?????????????? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
paul,
hi yes it does sound like a small plane taking off! but the plumber has already tried putting stuff (technical i know) in to get rid of the lime scale but this was three weeks ago! and the plane is still flying!
does he need to do it again??

hi tomy,
The boiler is a stelrad ideal classic light weight cast iron boiler RS40 wall mounted balanced flue.
does this help?? this is all i could find out :confused:

Trouble with scale is it can still cause restrictions even when dislodged. A powerflush of heat exchanger with descaler, hydrochloric acid or brick cleaner is the best bet, but there can be no guarantees.

To expect a bottle of jollop alone to work in these severe cases is naiive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back