White Boxes with Red X's

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Recently started trying to bank online and it has thrown up a few problems. Firstly the PC i have is not the latest but its all i have for the moment so i will have to persevere. It runs on Windows 98 and uses IE5. The first time i tried to log on to the HSBC business banking site to activate my account it wouldnt open a new window required, kept saying it was unavailabe. I found out that this was due to cipher strength which i have since updated to 128 bit. Now it opens the new window but all the pictures and logos on there show as white boxes with X's. How can i get it to display correctly? Is this a case of the PC i have has fallen so far behind the times that lots of things wont work on it?
Any advice much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Right click in the box I think & select show or open. I think try it anyway.

Tried your suggestion but nothing doing unfortunately. It only seems to happen on secure sites for some reason. I did right click on the boxes and looked in the properties and they are all hypertext files if that makes any difference. Somebody has suggested downloading Java Runtime? What do you think, will that help?

Sponsored Links
somtimes i get that if i havent cleared my cookies for a while

but having said that i have cleared my cookies and have 2 red x'es in my tsb i cant get rid of :D

big-all said:

but having said that i have cleared my cookies and have 2 red x'es in my tsb i cant get rid of :D

On which page ?

Eddie M said:
big-all said:

On which page ?

its the front page that says about reciving online offers/adverts with 2 click boxes one to say yes one to say no but i dont know which one is which to say no :D :D ;)

this

Account Overview Last successful login was on : 10th May 2007 at 10:12

From time to time we may use this area of the screen to display useful service information and personalised offers. This may be anything from alerting you to an online service you could be taking advantage of, to offering you exclusive products. If you would like these to appear in the future please click OK.

big-all said:
Eddie M said:
big-all said:

On which page ?

its the front page that says about reciving online offers/adverts with 2 click boxes one to say yes one to say no but i dont know which one is which to say no :D :D ;)

this

Account Overview Last successful login was on : 10th May 2007 at 10:12

From time to time we may use this area of the screen to display useful service information and personalised offers. This may be anything from alerting you to an online service you could be taking advantage of, to offering you exclusive products. If you would like these to appear in the future please click OK.

I'll look into it for you :D No promises. :LOL:

cheers ;)

actualy if i knew which was the "no thanks "box i could probaly "click" it ok :D

big-all said:
cheers ;)

actualy if i knew which was the "no thanks "box i could probaly "click" it ok :D

All buttons should always have alternative text that is displayed, if the picture is unavailable, otherwise this is flouting the DDA, naughty naughty, I'll look at it Monday.

Possibly, but you should still see text rather than simply white boxes with red x's in them.

Eddie M said:
Possibly, but you should still see text rather than simply white boxes with red x's in them.

ok thanks i am still confused :D :D :D ;)

Are you sure something hasn't eaten them?
KittyBroken.gif

I sometimes get this error:

StupidUser.jpg

Sponsored Links
Back