White knight dryer not drying and bearing pad replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a white knight cl847 dryer think I have found fault as brush has worn down that contacts the drum stretched spring a bit and now working but need new brush. While I was cleaning machine out I found plastic part after Googling it seems it’s a drum bearing pad. Do I need to take the drum out to replace the bearing pads at front machine?.Also would it be wise to replace drum bearing at the same time ? Many thanks Paul

Sponsored Links
Hi yes a few videos online but can’t find any on my white knight model about front bearing pads. The rear bearing on mine has no central screw in the drum either the head looks like a riveted head , only screw is off centre earth strap screw . I’m guessing it has to be drilled out then a screw used in the replacement shaft and bearing.?.The online videos of white knight dryers have a central screw and screw for earth strap. Unless the videos are of machines that have had bearings replaced since new ?.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back