White Knight tumble-dryer or other make ? Opinions please.

Reaction score
Country
France
Hi

The dryer in my rented house has died and the letting agent has suggested a White Knight vented model at GBP 165 ( model unknown )as a replacement ( old dryer was a Miele , not bought by me )

I'm not in the UK so am reliant on web-based info. Buying the cheapest is not the aim, but buying good, reliable value at a reasonable price is.

I welcome your thoughts opinions asap as I need to decide in a day or two .

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Miele = top of the market, very expensive, ideal for people who have money to throw away.
White Knight = bottom of the market, probably the cheapest available, therefore selected on price only.

However since a tumble dryer is essentially just a box containing a motor and fan, there's not much to go wrong anyway.

However since a tumble dryer is essentially just a box containing a motor and fan, there's not much to go wrong anyway

True , flameport, that's my general opinion too, but it's easy for poor quality manufacturing to produce off-line drive-belt runs, heating-elements that fail quickly and repeatedly etc.

That's from a couple of reviews I read and so was seeking informed opinions - service=engineers would obviously be an excellent source !

Sponsored Links
This review site has plenty of customer feedback :
http://www.reevoo.com/browse/product_type/tumble-dryers?order=customer_score
and if you search the filter for Customer Score it gives a list which has White Knight on the same rating as a couple of Miele models but it's had many, many more reviews and is up to 4 X cheaper than some of the Miele's. Personally I have bought and used White Knight models, the kind that are small enough to fit in a 600mm wide base unit vented through the rear wall, and find them very good and reliable dryers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back