white trash

It isn't racism not to care for a particular race.

Racism is POSITIVE discrimination such as a shopkeeper refusing to serve a black.

I don't like ginger people - so what race am I racist against?

Sponsored Links
That's your opinion. Fine with me.

Like I said before: I'm in two minds about it. It verges towards racisme but is cleverly wrapped.
My opinion, no winner needed.

That's because you CANNOT win. Racism isn't about not liking people. Will you do a little research before you preach?

I mean winning this discussion. It's about sharing opinions, have respects for someone elses, even if it isn't the same as your opinion.

You're a very patronising guy, you know that?

Sponsored Links
Racism doesn't have to be 'active' or 'positive'. Racism is racial prejudice, even if it is only in your mind.

That's the word I was looking for: prejudice.

The whole message is full of it.

hermes said:
Racism doesn't have to be 'active' or 'positive'. Racism is racial prejudice, even if it is only in your mind.

No it's not. You can do what you want in your mind. Racism is action in the real world.

joe-90 said:
hermes said:

No it's not. You can do what you want in your mind. Racism is action in the real world.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Racism refers to various belief systems maintaining that the essential value of an individual person can be determined according to a perceived or ascribed racial category and that social discrimination by race is therefore justifiable.

The word "racism" itself appeared in the 1930s, both in the English language and in French. Such racial prejudice usually includes the belief that people differ in aptitudes and abilities (such as intelligence, physical prowess, or virtue) according to race. Most individuals who use the concept of racial categories believe that different races can be placed on a ranked, hierarchical scale. By definition one who practices racism is known as a racist."

Since when is believe only related when it's an action, as you call it?

Another dictionary definition:

1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
racist adj. & n.

WoodYouLike said:
joe-90 said:
hermes said:

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Racism refers to various belief systems maintaining that the essential value of an individual person can be determined according to a perceived or ascribed racial category and that social discrimination by race is therefore justifiable.

The word "racism" itself appeared in the 1930s, both in the English language and in French. Such racial prejudice usually includes the belief that people differ in aptitudes and abilities (such as intelligence, physical prowess, or virtue) according to race. Most individuals who use the concept of racial categories believe that different races can be placed on a ranked, hierarchical scale. By definition one who practices racism is known as a racist."

Since when is believe only related when it's an action, as you call it?

In the real world for heaven's sake!

Are the thought police coming round?

I don't like ginger people - am I racist?

joe-90 said:

If you want, yes.
That's the only answer seemingly you care to accept, or to be told that only your opinion is valid. Grow up man. Start living in the real world yourself.

WoodYouLike said:
joe-90 said:

If you want, yes.
That's the only answer seemingly you care to accept, or to be told that only your opinion is valid. Grow up man. Start living in the real world yourself.

I do live in the real world. It isn't illegal to dislike another race - only to show prejudice in the real world.

My god I'm more confused than ever after reading the various opinions on racism.
The comments only serve to show me that we all have varying degrees of what we perceive to be what is a racist remark.
I have been told that it is racist to say that black people are not as good swimmers as white people.
However if I say that black people are better sprint runners or boxers than white people , then that is not racist.
Will somebody please give me a simple explanation of the difference between a racist remark and a simple statement of fact.? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Life was all so simple when I was young and when the only difference in culture was between the working class and the rich bosses and where everyone knew their place. :oops:

Sponsored Links
Back