Who are these corgi plumbers.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It is now the case that I can puchase all the kit I need to install central heating from my local B&Q Store.The mechanics of the install is mechano and could be carried out by anyone with a little common sense and a basic understanding of plumbing. Manufacturers litriture is quite explicate re pumps, valves, trvs and boilers. Let the Corgi Reg. fitter do the gas and boiler commission. Was your heating system installed by a corgi regestered installer?. Why. ;)

Sponsored Links
You're more than welcome to do it, personally I like my gardener to do my garden, mechanic to do my car, decoraters, kitchen fitters, roofers etc to do their respective jobs while I go and do something much more interesting instead.

...and the purpose of your post is?......to create a row perhaps. I could do the same by coming into one of your Glasgow boozers and shouting "jocks are a drain on the British tax-payer".

The fact is all these rows have been done before, so move along and lets get on with sorting out some real problems.

Sponsored Links
Because someone made a law and us installers have to abide by it for your safety. Yes I agree with what you think is easy but if you new what we as installers have to go through so we can install you would understand. Gas egs, plumbing regs, electrical regs and what ever else you can think of it'll have a reg stuck to it. Also I hope it's a condensing boiler that your looking at as the ODPM says thats just about all you can fit now from April last year in England april this year in Scotland.

Sorry Kev what was I thinking my brain must be in meltdown with alllllll these regsssssss.

ARRRRGH regs they make my brain hurt

mate if you want to install your own heating and you think its easy crack on and good luck to you, god help if owt happens cos your buildings and contents insurance will be null and void :):):) never mind you sure showed us ****** CORGI plumbers didnt you, never mind that you will probably have to pay some hoi ti toity building surveying and **** load in 2007 if you want to sell your house because you showed us thick as pig **** corgi plumbers didnt you, and never mind that you probably consider whacking in the electrics for your central heating a piece of **** and in doing so are commiting an arrestable offence (oh yes it is now arrestable to contravene the gas safety installation and use regs and all the building regs as our parliment passed and quiet little law last year bet you did not know that lads?? :) ) cos all those sparkies are ******s too

Good luck matey I could not give a tinkers cuss :) I am alright jack

corgiman said:
oh yes it is now arrestable to contravene the gas safety installation and use regs and all the building regs as our parliment passed and quiet little law last year bet you did not know that lads??
What excuse for a newspaper did you dig that piece of nonsense out of? Really you should know better than to believe such garbage.

Actually the merchants had better sharpen up, most things are cheaper for us at band q and we can fully equip ourselves for any gas job including test equipment off their pegs. We know the price before we buy it, we get a price on our receipt so we know what to charge the customer, we can go and get anything we need to do an emergency job outside of the merchants pathetic opening hours, and even on Sundays (leaks don't respect Sunday Trading laws).

I went into merchants asking for a drop valve yesterday, after brieflky educating the numpty what one is and the fact that all his cysterns contian them, he seemed non plussed at the fact that it's odd they don't stock them as spares or any parts for them My customer got his own from bnq.

Plasterboard is cheaper there, sand and cement, bathroom suites, do I need to go on?

chrishutt said:
corgiman said:
oh yes it is now arrestable to contravene the gas safety installation and use regs and all the building regs as our parliment passed and quiet little law last year bet you did not know that lads??
What excuse for a newspaper did you dig that piece of nonsense out of? Really you should know better than to believe such garbage.

oh dear not very friendly is it, not from the paper but from Serious Organised Crime and Police Act 2005 , Powers of arrest were laidf down in PACE (The Police and Criminal Evidence Act) states that arrestable offences are those that carry a min sentence of five years as laid down in an act of parliament, the rest (including breaches or regulations, failure to pay fines, littering and many other minor offences) used to been summonsable and only became arestable if the person failed to give a suitable address to serve the said summonse (section 25 of PACE) this has been changed as a side effect of the Serious Organised Crime and Police Act 2005 which superceeds PACE.

I call it quiet little law in previous post, but is not little its fairly big stuff.
check it out Tony Blair is goose stepping to a police state.

And i got me information from me shiney new blackstones General Police Duties Book

Just a bit of light trivia, not likely that boys in blue will nick anyone, just saying that they now have the power if they wish to do so.

and chris dont be sooo dismissive sooo quickly it really is not becoming, :rolleyes:

corgiman said:
Serious Organised Crime and Police Act 2005
If you're seriously suggesting that something as minor as a breach of the Building Regulations (e.g. not insulating the pipework around a hot water cylinder) is now an arrestable offence, you'd better be prepared to back it up with some on-line links, because no one's going to believe anything so preposterous otherwise.

A rather long winded description of how not to give a tinkers cuss Corgiman.
Got it in one Meldrews mate, althouth the intention was not a row but to determine who is in a position to quantify competence. Some of the prema-donas that post on this forum are quick to condemn and question abilities of other installers and thereby casting doubts in the minds of clients who have employed them.
The cowboys are out there ok, but the, sometimes sketchy, information supplied by posters looking for assistance or advice should be taken on face value and help offered without petty inuendo and squabbling amoung the would be experts.
Most of the experts are to be cmplimented on their wide knowledge of their trade and their willingness to assist but it would do the forum nothing but good if they would stick to the issues in question.

DREAR said:
Some of the prema-donas that post on this forum are quick to condemn and question abilities of other installers and thereby casting doubts in the minds of clients who have employed them.
Good point. I do that quite a lot.

By the way, it's prima donna to you.

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/ACTS/acts2005/20050015.htm

my point was that now that ALL offences have become arrestable it is possible to be arrested for very minor offences (I think I qualified THAT by saying that the chances of being arrested for such offences are infinitesimal, for example it is still illegal to carry cannabis even if its obviously for personal the officer in question CAN arrest but is asked to make an informed decision and may let the offended off and dispose of the contraband)

Have a read and see what you think

Oh yes you will have to read PACE (police and criminal evidence act) as well.

Sorry could only find the code for stop and searches on the web

I will further qualify what I have said by stating that it is my opinion and that of several serving police officers that this new act could be interpreted as a power of arrest for all breaches of parliamentary approved regulations when a breach of could result in a fine and/or prison term with a magistrates or higher court

There you go Thats my lot with this, and I will contiue to believe that this is the case until otherwise convinced, remember chris we are all entitled to our opinion.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back