Who are these corgi plumbers.

Fair enough deear I do see you point, but remember there is nothing a plumber likes more than a good row ;)

Its all light hearted (well I hope so anyway) and we do try to address the poits raised by posters, must say that I have been helped out many times on this here site myself.

as to who can judge who is competent, well I think that CORGI and the HSE do that dont they?

chris you are right it is preposterous, but then what do you expect for this shower of **** in no ten :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Corgiman, I had a look at your link and I see that technically you may have a point, although I don't pretend to understand the context or implications at all.

As I understand it the powers of arrest only exist for specific purposes, for example, allow a suspect to be identified. It seems to me that a contravention of Building Regulations would not even theoretically be arrestable if you were, for example, able to identify yourself, and providing you weren't endangering yourself or other people.

I apologise for being so dismissive. You obviously have some grounds for your claim, although I still think it is not right to say that contraventions of, for example, Building Regulations are in themselves arrestable offences.

Thanks chris I appreciate that.

Mind re reading my orignal post I seem to have suffered a bit of "daily Mail" syndrome and sensationised it a tad.

In essence they can be arrestable but the pracitice will be totally different, can you really see one of the boys in blue even understanding it let alone arresting for it :) for that I do apologise.

Mind you that SOPC act is a really really scarey bit of legislation aint it, said it before and will say it again Tony Blair sucks the biggun :LOL:

Sponsored Links
corgiman said:
Mind you that SOPC act is a really really scarey bit of legislation
I'm inclined to agree from what little I've read. The idea of even very minor offences (like breaches of regulations) being arrestable by a constable is worrying, even if the circumstances in which this might happen are limited. That's why I overreacted to your original statement about this - I thought such a thing would be outrageous and couldn't possibly be correct.

One step closer to a police state mate

even the filth are scared and unsure of it (to quite a high level), goes hand in hand with the new 72hr lock up, watch this space for a considerable lengthaning of that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back