Who are these people?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Moody's the rating agency have just downgraded 15 major banks, leading to concerns that they may find it harder to borrow money. The same people seem to be able to influence whether or not entire countries can borrow money or go bust, and how much they'll have to repay on government debt.
It seems to me that these are probably one of the most influential and powerful groups on Earth, who are they and how did they get into such a position.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-18542691

Sponsored Links
Don't feel they are uneccessarily intefering and having a negative impact on the economy.
If it wasn't for the influence of these people the banks could head into bancrupcy and take all their depositors money with them.

They are the only safeguard against banks being totally reckless.
Remember banking employees are just that - employees. Those figures on bits of paper represent hard cash to you and me but nothing but a row of extra zeros to a bank employee.

They are the people that tell you who is going bust - we are on the list now. Won't be long until the UK loses its AAA rating. Where Greece is going - we follow.

These are the same people who said Lehmans were ok a few days before they want into liquidation.
They are just covering their backs, its all part of the game.

Sponsored Links
who are they and how did they get into such a position.

They are a collection of private individuals who are paid to spout an opinion.

Clearly the government should put a stop to this, and either regulate or ban them, how dare private individuals voice an opinion!

If we got rid of banks altogether the world would be a better place, they are parasites they loan you "their"money but in reality it our money , they charge interest to make nations and individuals into debt slaves.

They are the people that tell you who is going bust - we are on the list now. Won't be long until the UK loses its AAA rating. Where Greece is going - we follow.
What do these people actually produce.

In the name of Greek ******* - we need to form a circle :mrgreen:

I do hope Greece doesn't lose tonight and go out of Euro 2012.;) ;) ;) (mind you, I think England are heading for an exit on Sunday )

who are they and how did they get into such a position.

They are a collection of private individuals who are paid to spout an opinion.

Clearly the government should put a stop to this, and either regulate or ban them, how dare private individuals voice an opinion!

It seems that the opinions these private individuals spout (in the form of credit ratings), go a long way to deciding whether millions of people in various countries suffer feast or famine. Capitalism eh, isn't it wonderful?
Mind you I'm sure that their opinions will be based on altruistic reasons, not profit driven ones.

Moody's the rating agency have just downgraded 15 major banks, leading to concerns that they may find it harder to borrow money. The same people seem to be able to influence whether or not entire countries can borrow money or go bust, and how much they'll have to repay on government debt.
It seems to me that these are probably one of the most influential and powerful groups on Earth, who are they and how did they get into such a position.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-18542691[/QUOTE]

Is that what Micky Moody is upto these days? he's above his station isn't he? :eek:

The only country that seems to be doing well at the moment is China. They effectively own half of America, I bet most of our debt is in their hands too, they are supporting various African nations so they can get their hands on Africa's mineral wealth.

America has had its time as the dominant superpower, soon its gonna be China says jump we all ask how high?

The only country that seems to be doing well at the moment is China. They effectively own half of America, I bet most of our debt is in their hands too, they are supporting various African nations so they can get their hands on Africa's mineral wealth.

America has had its time as the dominant superpower, soon its gonna be China says jump we all ask how high?

'How Hi's' a Chinaman.

Sponsored Links
Back