Who has wasted money calling a plumber out?

Sponsored Links
I came across this( http://visual.ly/4-steps-save-you-fortune-calling-plumber) on facebook today and it made me thing, who else has wasted money calling a plumber?

My biggest waste was when I was away for work and my wife called a plumber out to fix a 'leaking' toilet that wouldn't stop running...turns out the button was just stuck down and needed a little wobble!

Wots it like being so thick you cant even unwobble a little toilet button.

Never had such a good larf, keep em comin crocodile :p :D

I rent out my flat and have perfect tenants. Never once called me... until last week.

"The oven's not working". Hey Ho. I went around, and first thing I noticed was the big, very obvious, switch labelled OVEN on the wall switched off. Clicked it on and problem solved.

They were so embarrassed and apologetic for calling me. I was just happy I didn't have to replace the oven.

Sponsored Links
Well the weather is going to take a turn for the worst, cold weather means boilers & heating systems on 24/7.......Kerching!!! Kerching!!! Kerching!!! 💷💷💷💷💷

The young generation in the UK have been forced into the Left Wing hunger for education. Too many Uni graduates with little or no practical experience, being told getting your hands dirty to earn a living as below them. Net result; the pragmatic manual tradesmen are making a fortune out of them............ ;) :D :D

Anyone following the 4 steps would not have got past the first hurdle if they had called me. I can spot them a mile off!

I'm ever so sorry but I am too busy at the moment.

These people will find the tradesmen they rightly deserve.

When we got married and bought our first house about 27 years ago, we found that the water pressure was very low. Not much more than a slow trickle. Never having been in such a situation before, that got us quite worried, so we called out a plumber straight away.

It took him about two minutes to turn the stopcock on and, hey presto, a good water flow! I felt a right prat.

He wouldn't take any money, though I did offer. I'm sure he and his mates had a good laugh about it in the pub that night.

I came across this( http://visual.ly/4-steps-save-you-fortune-calling-plumber) on facebook today and it made me thing, who else has wasted money calling a plumber?

My biggest waste was when I was away for work and my wife called a plumber out to fix a 'leaking' toilet that wouldn't stop running...turns out the button was just stuck down and needed a little wobble!

And you believed that old story. Your wife is probably a liar. You were away, and she was lonely. She just needed some company.

The plumber screwed both of you. :LOL:

And you believed that old story. Your wife is probably a liar. You were away, and she was lonely. She just needed some company.

Hardly a day goes by that I don't clean the pipes of some lonely housewife. But don't tell anyone or her auld fella will find out....... :D :D

Hardly a day goes by that I don't clean the pipes of some lonely housewife. But don't tell anyone or her auld fella will find out....... :D :D

Every job has it's perks, Dickie. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back