Why do my 2 port motorised valves not last?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
1st valve lasted 7 or 8 years. Second one 2 years. Now another one on a different zone is opening but not sending a live switch signal out. Worked around it by sending the thermostat -on live signal to the boiler so dont need valve microswitchbto work. Any advice on getting valves to last longer.
Best tommy banana

Sponsored Links
What make are they? Different valves are built to a different standard.

design them out is the best option in my opinion... the ones sold in the UK are a model developed over 50 years ago. In the rest of europe they sell more robust ones working a lower voltages although some are 240vs...

Sponsored Links
what would you guys recommend as an alternate - either a 2 port valve or a design alternative?

best

tommy b.

I'm using Sauter ones at the moment, detachable head, plug in wiring and a 5 year warranty.

Why would you change the WHOLE VALVE???! :eek:

230v present but valve not opening - new Sychron motor (cheap repair)
Motor opens, but no signal to boiler/pump, New head, but sometimes just microswitch
Valve letting by, fit a service pack (Ball & o ring kit) (cheap repair)

It must be VERY unusual to have to replace the WHOLE valve! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back