WHY DOES MY CH HEADER TANK KEEP FILLING????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not deluded
Ah, but that's what a deluded person would say. :)

I just refuse to change a cylinder when it might not actually be needed.
The thing you're refusing to do is follow the guidance you've been given. Finding the cause of your system's symptoms is A Very Easy Thing when you understand how it works, so you have three choices:

1. Learn how it works, which people here will help you do;
2. Follow the guidance given on this topic;
3. Do nothing. You'd be surprised how many people do this.

I appreciate all of the comments from everyone apart from yourself, as they are constructive as opposed to yours which just seem to show a lack of understanding in this area. :evil:
Maybe you do appreciate them, but you seem to be ignoring them. At least I got your attention.

Sponsored Links
Softus,

Choices

1. As regards how the system works, yes I speak to people on this forum as two or more heads are always better than one.

2. Guidence given on this topic from seco services, steve and a few others was all taken on board to investigate further. As I said, two heads are better than one.

3. Doing nothing about the problem is obviously not what I am going to do, otherwise there would be no point to coming on this forum and wasting time with someone like yourself.

As regards you getting my attention, if thats the only reason for your comments. (like I said, not constructive) then I think that there might be someone else on the forum that needs help with a tap washer. Maybe this is a bit more in your league.

1. As regards how the system works, yes I speak to people on this forum as two or more heads are always better than one.
But you don't understand it yet, which is why you need to do what you've been advised to do, and so it's a mystery as to why you've not done it yet.

2. Guidence given on this topic from seco services, steve and a few others was all taken on board to investigate further. As I said, two heads are better than one.
I await the outcome of that 'investigation' with glee.

3. Doing nothing about the problem is obviously not what I am going to do, otherwise there would be no point to coming on this forum and wasting time with someone like yourself.
I would not call it at all obvious. What is glaringly obvious is that you haven't observed the number of people who do post on the forum and either don't follow advice or don't return to let the people who advised them know how they got on.

As regards you getting my attention, if thats the only reason for your comments.
It isn't - it was just an observation. As is the observation that you've made no noticeable progress towards a diagnosis.

...I think that there might be someone else on the forum that needs help with a tap washer. Maybe this is a bit more in your league.
Oh you're gonna have to try much harder than that to insult me. :D

So, macgee, have you found out where the 'extra' water is coming from yet? Or you just imagining things that you don't want it to be, and screwing up your eyes and reeeeeeelly hoping that it's none of those? ;)

stupid.gif

Sponsored Links
Are you still bangin on about the same thing softus?

Firstly, I didn't realise there was a time limit for my "diagnosis".

Secondly, I didn't know that you were in charge of implementing these rules.

Thirdly, as I have to work and also have a social life I can't just keep rushing back to speak to you. Try friends reunited if your struggling.

And last but not least, you keep bangin on about the forum and the guidance given by the users, but I still haven't heard your theory on the problem, why?
Out of your league perhaps?

For the rest of you.

My findings with the header tank they are as follows:-

From listening to the serious advice given on the matter I went back to try some more things out. I had already isolated the HW tank to see if it made any difference. It didn't.
To make absolutely sure I drained down the DHW from the cylinder (ie the drain off and not just from taps) till it was empty. I then ran the boiler and within a minute or so the water started to rise as before. As this completely eliminates the coil being cracked, I then drained the heating and cut the air jector out as the rest of the system seemed to warm up fine. Initially, I couldn't see a problem but after looking up the vent pipe of the air jec I could see that the internal bore was blocked solid.
I then replaced the vent pipe but wasn't confident that this was the sole problem because I still couldn't see how it would make the water rise up the cold feed.
As I could see no more obvious blockages I then re-plumbed the air jec back in and filled the whole system up (HW as well).
I then ran the boiler, hot water first for a few minutes and then heating and so far (fingers crossed) no more rising water.

However I am still a bit concerned as to why that would cause this kind of problem. The pump is on the slowest speed and isn't pumping over the vent and as I said, so far everything is working fine.

Thanks again for all useful input and I will let you know if anything changes.
:D

i would still run some cleaner round the system for a while then drain and then inhibitor

Bit cautious about disturbing things whilst they work, but quite clearly the sytem needs a good flush so will do.

Thanks. :LOL:

Are you still bangin on about the same thing softus?
Banging on about something else would break the rule that prohibits hijacking.

Firstly, I didn't realise there was a time limit for my "diagnosis".
Take as long as you like - it's your furrowed brow, not mine.

Secondly, I didn't know that you were in charge of implementing these rules.
"These rules" are a figment of your imagination.

Thirdly, as I have to work and also have a social life I can't just keep rushing back to speak to you. Try friends reunited if your struggling.
You call that an insult?!
rolling-on-the-floor.gif

And last but not least, you keep bangin on about the forum and the guidance given by the users, but I still haven't heard your theory on the problem, why?
Because there's no point in repeating the valid advice and guidance that you've already been given. If you wanted me to solve it then it would be swift and easy, but you'd prefer to spend time criticising me than turning off a gate valve.

Out of your league perhaps?
You may think that if you wish, but you'll only end up looking [more] stupid.

...after looking up the vent pipe of the air jec I could see that the internal bore was blocked solid.
Uncanny? No, given what seco wrote on Tuesday, viz:

i would say their is a blockage somewhere.

Softus";p="920525 said:
You described the symptoms, people tell you that it's likely that the coil has gone, but you don't want that to be the cause, so you pretend that it hasn't.

The coil hadn't actually gone though had it softus.
This is you jumping to conclusions isn't it.

Seco services did hit the nail on the head, for which I am grateful.

If I had listened to you I would have wasted time and money replacing a cylinder that didn't need changing.
I think someone who just keeps replacing bits until the problem is cured is referred to a "parts changer" and I think the definition of that is someone who hasn't got a clue.

And if I recall, I was minding my own business on this forum getting some useful feedback when you came on in a little strop, possibly because you'd wasted to much money that day "parts changing" bits that didn't need replacing and wanted to vent off a little steam.

Thats ok.

I normally just admit when I'm wrong but hey, whatever works for you.
:idea:

The coil hadn't actually gone though had it softus.
This is you jumping to conclusions isn't it.
Please show me where I said that the coil had gone.

Seco services did hit the nail on the head, for which I am grateful.
seco's first gambit was that the coil had gone, but I'm guessing you don't count that as a jump to a conclusion.

If I had listened to you I would have wasted time and money replacing a cylinder that didn't need changing.
Please show me where I said that you needed to change the cylinder.

I think someone who just keeps replacing bits until the problem is cured is referred to a "parts changer" and I think the definition of that is someone who hasn't got a clue.
Who recommended changing any parts?

And if I recall, I was minding my own business on this forum getting some useful feedback when you came on in a little strop
No, you were ignoring the useful feedback while bleating that you were too busy working.

And you'd know it if I was actually being stroppy. :D

So you do admit that you had nothing constructive to say then?

I do agree that by not actually having your own theory leaves you blameless.

I personally, would rather give my theory, possibly be wrong and learn from it as opposed to just sitting in the corner and waiting for things to go wrong and say I told you so.

To sum up softus, "Treat others as you wish to be treated" or to make it simple "Give some respect and you might get some back".

Since joining this forum, I have not had a crossed word with anyone apart from yourself. You have a bad attitude and I no longer with to go on about the matter.

Thank You

Ps. "You'd know if I was being stroppy"

OOOOooooo very scary. :D

So you do admit that you had nothing constructive to say then?
I had plenty, but there was no point in giving you yet more things to check when you were struggling to get enough time off work to check the basics.

I do agree that by not actually having your own theory leaves you blameless.
Why does anyone have to be 'blamed' (except for you, of course)?

I personally, would rather give my theory, possibly be wrong and learn from it as opposed to just sitting in the corner and waiting for things to go wrong and say I told you so.
You're so far wide of the mark that you can't even see the mark. I won't expect you to look at other topics to see how wrong you are, because you claim to be short of time, but it would be an education if you did.

To sum up softus, "Treat others as you wish to be treated" or to make it simple "Give some respect and you might get some back".
Or, equally, don't ask for advice and then ignore it.

Since joining this forum, I have not had a crossed word with anyone apart from yourself. You have a bad attitude and I no longer with to go on about the matter.
I don't know why you've been banging on about it so long after accusing me of the same.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back