Why does this happen!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
At a recent job i was fitting a bathroom where the customer had got someone in to fit a towel rail for them. After he drained the system fitted the towel rail and filled back up the heating did not work, the guy wont answer his phone and i've been left to try and fix it :rolleyes: . Going with what i'm being told the heating was off, the system drained, the work done and then filled back up but the guy never put the heating on to try it. Its an Ariston system boiler with 2 zone valves next to the boiler HW cylinder in same cupboard. I tried opening the ZV's manually to see if the pump runs but no joy. Why would this happen from draining theb filling again

Sponsored Links
If you are not experienced with heating then I dont think you should be letting yourself in for something like that unless you are going to get very well paid for it.

How much do you think you will get paid for sorting it out?

Tony

I told them i did not know what was wrong with it and to get a heating engineer in. I was just wondering why this would happen. Like you say, for experience

Sponsored Links
AIr introduced to boiler could have caused it to trip out on overheat. Look for a reset button.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back