Why have timer for hot water on combi?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Probably a dumb question but here goes anyway...I have recently had installed a Worcester 28i combi with the DT20RF programmer and stat. My question is... this programmer can accept up to 3 times each day for the heating and hot water by why would I need to set times for the hot water as I understood the combis heat the water as and when you need it? Is this function just for boilers other than combis that don't have the capability for water on demand? I know some combis have a small reservoir of hot water that can be called on instantly but I didn't think the 28i had this.

Apologies for my lack of knowledge

Regards

Nigel

Sponsored Links
its to allow for preheat times to be set for during the day when hot water will be used vastly it keeps the plate heat exchanger hot thus reducing the amount of water to be drawn from the taps before it comes through nice and hot you do not have to have this function set to on if you so wish

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back