why is it not heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
lads have a bit of a problem,got called out today on an ariston combi 38 he,the problem was the boiler was getting to temperature really quick but not distributing heat it is then dropping like a stone and kicking back in,it was going to first couple of rads but thats it but the return to boiler stays stone cold,the 3 quarter flow comes out of boiler straight into a inch and a quarter header with with two 1 inch circuits on it,i increased pump sizes on two circuits and still no difference,its not air locked and definately not blocked anywhere,do u think i wud need to install a low loss header?also when boiler is ramping up i felt above the pump on the return pump in boiler and it seemed to be getting hot in boiler but not outside,cud the diverter valve be open a bit and its short circuting across?i rang ariston but they werent any help,they just said there was a blockage in the pipework,any ideas wud be great,thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back