Why Is The 'Gordon Brown Disgusts Me' Topic Locked?????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How come Blasphemous asks the MODs to lock a topic, and they obey?

Why does Blasphemous have the power to lock a topic if he doesn't like the way its going (presumably not to his liking)?

Wouldn't this forum shrivel and die if we all asked the mods to lock a topic, and they obeyed like sheep?

Sponsored Links
When a topic results in some one taking it down to a level of personal insults, then I believe it's justified to lock the topic.

Wotan

Sponsored Links
The thread had included name calling, which was an insult to the memory of the child concerned.

The arguments had also run their course. Blas may have asked for it to be closed, but I had asked a couple of hours earlier, before the insulting had calmed down.

The thread had included name calling, which was an insult to the memory of the child concerned.

The arguments had also run their course. Blas may have asked for it to be closed, but I had asked a couple of hours earlier, before the insulting had calmed down.

I read the whole topic. Coleslaw posted a topic in bad taste. It was requested by dex and Blas to close it. Not without good reason.

Well I suppose this episode typifies B Liar's/Brown's Britain. When something contentious, and probably truthful, is aired, the avenue of free-speach is quickly closed off.

Still don't think its up to individual members/posters, who incidentally didn't start the topic, to decide when arguments have 'run their course', run to the mods, and close the topic off before others had a chance to contribute.

Also, would someone like to quote the insulting bit? Seen far worse in other posts. Can see why people react, when a hopeless politician, who no one ever voted to lead the country, uses emotive subjects to help their unlikely re-election.

Still don't think its up to individual members/posters, who incidentally didn't start the topic, to decide when arguments have 'run their course', run to the mods, and close the topic off before others had a chance to contribute.

Point made, and in hindsight, accepted. I apologise.

prepostorous nonsense, you're aving a larf. Sorry I made a mistake you're obviously an ex chairman of trinity mirror group. More like you replaced the broken light bulbs

Did you miss this comment?

You're either some government tweedy or are the most naive person in the world

or this one aswell. Both in the same rambling post.

it wanted locking, some of the opinions were disgusting and heartless.
anyone having lost a loved one would recognise this, I lost my 2nd wife in 2001.

I sat and watched 'said' topic unfold...........with tears in my eyes......
I chose for personal reasons not to respond.

Very saddened by some of the replies..................

Lose a child then u can criticize, you f*ckers.......................

May god protect your children..........????????????????
I don't believe there is one..............Not anymore.... and certainly never again in my lifetime.

More heartless than being second in command in a government that takes us into illegal wars on suspect evidence, where hundreds of our poorly paid and often ill-equipped soldiers die in the dust. Weren't they somebody's child?

He deserves no sympathy.

More heartless than being second in command in a government that takes us into illegal wars on suspect evidence, where hundreds of our poorly paid and often ill-equipped soldiers die in the dust. Weren't they somebody's child?

He deserves no sympathy.

Totally agree.
Brown could have stopped the Iraq war and subsequent invasions on foreign soil and tens of thousands of lives could have been saved (not to mention billions of pounds) but choose instead not to rock the boat to ensure his rise to power with the help from his cohort bliar.
Brown's silence at the run up to the invasion was deafning!
He has blood on his hands and should be ashamed of himself for using his family to further his political ambitions.

Sponsored Links
Back