Wickes combi 102 (Halstead)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
The boilers a Wickes combi 102 (Halstead)-
Replaced- PCB, Gas valve, APS
Burner only lights when combustion chamber is completely off!
Flu is clean, venturi tubes clean, ive got power to the fan (& is spinning in action)

Do you think its worth fitting new fan?? Just maybe guessing that the RPM of fan has reduced and so is ineffective!!??

If anyones come across this before or got any ideas, would be much appreciated.

ThanQ

Sponsored Links
The problem is he could have bought a new boiler from what he has spent so far :LOL:

Did you put the tubes on the right way round when you changed the APS

or

Did you check that the wires are right according to how you took them off

Sometimes very similar looking items can be wired differently inside. There is usually a little wiring diagram on the APS to show how it works.

They do a similar thing with some built in combi timers to make peoples lifes hard and make sure that they only use genuine parts at a rip off price

Sponsored Links
Problem is burner only lights when combustion chamber is completely taken off.

Checked all tubes and wiring and all is fine!

Any other ideas??

Much appreciated

All these parts are combustion and safety related and I dont give advice on DIY work on them unless I am totally confident that the owner is CORGi registered or equally competent.

Tony

if the boiler only fires up when the combustion chamber lid is off then i would look at the flue for blockages, check the fan venturi for blockages . it is quite possible if all the above checkout ok then the fan or aps may need replacing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back