Wickes Shower pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Wickes 3bar shower pump it's about 8 years old and it's feeding 2 showers. The pressure is excellent but after the water reaches temperature the pump cuts out for a couple of seconds before coming back on again this repeats until i finish my shower. This problem started after adding the second shower and only has this problem when using the second shower. any advice please.

Sponsored Links
You are very lucky having a wickes shower pump which is still working after more than 2-3 years!

It sounds as if the thermal overload in the pump is operating!

But without doing electrical tests on your unit I can only guess that this is whats happening!

Tony

The one even worse that a Wickes must be the Triton! I fitted one for a client and it worked for just four days before the motor went open circuit.

I would not mind that if Triton apologised and sent me an immediate replacement and made some offer towards the two hours I spent fitting the replacement on a Saturday.

In fact they did nothing and that escapade cost me £139 for their faulty pump and the time at the weekend. As you might imagine I have never bought or recommended any of their products since.

The best if you can afford it must be the Stuart Turner. If not then the Watermill ( now owned by Grunfoss ) seem good if you choose one of their induction motor units.

Tony

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back