Widening outdoor stone staircase

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

First of all I'd like to say thanks to those who have adviced me on a previous problem, so THANKS!

Okay, heres the scenario......I've bought a victorian house (approx 105years old), which has an outdoor yorkshire stone staircase. This staircase is for access to the front of the house as my house is high. FYI, the staircase has walls built on both sides, so I can't get access to the sides or below the stairs without ripping them out.

My problem is that not only is the the staircase steep (even though its only got 6-7 steps, but also the steps depth is just enough to place 3/4 of your foot.

I can live with the steepness, but the width, I would like to change and so I need to somehow pullout the steps, so that there is more space for a person to place the foot and hopefully this should create a sense of less steepness.

I need to know a safe and secure method where I can pull out some of the stone steps to make more space for the average persons foot.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
wont work i am afraid :cry: :cry:

if you use somthing to extend the step [steel for example]you will just trip over it

you need to reduce the angle with a new staircase

i can see no other way round it as those bizzare half and half steps arnt allowed at ground level;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back