WiFi router

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey i know alot about computers and all i have an A-Level in ICT but my problem is that i have a WiFi router and since the past week it has been bugging out but i have had the router for about a year. I have made no changes to the computer at all so is it there is a problem with the router?

Sponsored Links
Try providing some useful information and you'll have a better chance of getting a resolution.

I aint a clue on information on routers all i know that it keeps restarting its self. Its a speedtouch 576.

It might be getting too hot - take it outside and give it a good blow out with a can of compressed air.

Sponsored Links
Thanks 4 that pheonix but has not worked :( may get onto AOL agen they are the worst people to talk to and see if i can scam a new router out of them :D

Sparky18 said:
may get onto AOL agen they are the worst people to talk to and see if i can scam a new router out of them :D
What an attitude to have. :rolleyes:

You and AOL deserve each other.

What security have you setup on the router? Maybe someone from outside is playing with your config etc....

Did this router come with you AOL, or is it something you decided to install your self?

AOL is very fussy regarding routers....

Well AOL is fussy full stop.....!!!

MasterAbacus said:
AOL is very fussy regarding routers....
Eh? Are you saying that the successful use of AOL's broadband service is affected by the brand/model of equipment being used to send and receive IP packets? :eek:

I certainly am.

If you speak with AOL high end Tech support, then they will, if you ask nicely, tell you that the AOL Broadband service is only guranteed to work on several routers known to them, of which they offer support on. But there are others that will work with it ok, and then again ther eare others then cause problems.

Aol is known to cause problems with networking, it the way its configured. Im fully aware most Routers can be configured to work with most service providers, but will be unsupported not just by the service provider, but also by IT service proffesionals too, as most are aware it just is not worth the hassle.... Things may seem good and to work, but if, and when a problem arises most will walk away, esp if its on an AOL network.

Also, The AOL network is the most hit network for code and trojan attacks, Email account access isnt that hard to get into either, for the ones who want to.....

I know there are millions of happy AOL customers out there, and good luk to them, but looking at it from a professional point of view, i would NEVER advice a client to use the AOL network for Broadband Services.

Rgds

M.A.

MasterAbacus said:
I know there are millions of happy AOL customers out there, and good luk to them, but looking at it from a professional point of view, i would NEVER advice a client to use the AOL network for Broadband Services.
On this we're in wholehearted agreement.

Sponsored Links
Back